Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Milestones

"Are you proud of me, Mommy?"
Matthew's newest accomplishment is swinging by himself. Not only can he get up on the swing without help, he no longer needs to be pushed. He loves the independence. He's not a baby anymore I know, but wow, he's growing into a boy so fast! He is so proud of himself and everyday he asks to go on his swings. When he's on it, he yells "I can see the rooftop!" or "I'm even taller than Daddy!"
"Of course I'm proud of you, honey."

Living so close to the ocean, we have also learned to throw rocks. Luckily, not at each other. It's really fun to see the boys picking up rocks and saying each and every time: "Watch this one Mattew/Sebastian." Then the competition begins with who can pick up the biggest rock and the sound it makes when it hits the water. Funnier is the sound the boys make when trying to pick up rocks clearly the size of small boats. Accompanied closely by "Nope. That one's too big. Maybe next year." This can go on for better than an hour. I love it!
Have I mentioned how much I love living near the ocean??

No comments: