Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Petting Zoo and More Animals at ALS

After his cat-nap on the bus, Sebastian was ready to rock and roll.
Again, Matthew wanted to hug the animals. He did manage to get a cuddle in with one of the goats. At first Rob couldn't decide whether to take a picture or break them up. His (our) fear of germs forced him to do the latter (if I had been holding the camera, you know what would have happened).
He got to feed the deer as well. It's pretty cute to hear an almost 3 year-old talk about something non-stop for about 6 hours after the event: "Remember when I fed the deer? Yeah. I liked that. And remember when I fed I petted the camel and it growled at me because I didn't have any food? Yeah. That was scary."Sorry no pictures of the angry 2-hump!

The fruit bats were disgusting.
A new baby elephant was born on July 30th at African Lion Safari. Can you imagine 30 months gestation and then giving birth to a 235lb baby? Poor mamas. The mom and the aunts did a very good job of protecting the little one. I could not get a good picture no matter how hard I tried!

We told Sherwood about our adventures when we got home. This is his impression of a lion. Or maybe a hippo.

No comments: