Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 03, 2007

Finally, a Post

So, November posting didn't happen either. Thanks to those of you who still check for updates. I've been a slacker, but I can't apologize. It doesn't look good for December, either. Maybe the new year will have me blogging all the time again!

November was nuts for us: I started my maternity leave early to prepare for the move, and Matthew had his last day at his (my) beloved daycare. Remember his first day, when I cried like an idiot? Well, the same thing happened on his last day. I could barely speak and once again, decided too late that mascara was a very VERY bad idea. Matthew thought I was nuts and his teachers surely believe I am unbalanced.

We moved. How good can moving ever go? Well, when you have movers to do practically everything (they pack the GARBAGE!!!), it's as good as it can get. We're finally settled enough that I can post this, but not settled enough to take interior pictures.

Matthew is settling in to his new daycare nicely, although when he asks me about his old teachers ("Katie Kelly go?") I still tear up (let's be honest: I sob.). I'm also getting used to his being there only 3 days a week. Again, I don't know how people do it with a room full of toddlers when just one makes me crazy!!

So, here he is. The newest development is reading himself to sleep. We have to read him Dr. Seuss' ABC book every night. When we are finished ("Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz as you can plainly see."), he says "Matthew read it?" At which point, he puts it on his chest and points at the letters and says them. When we check on him before we go to bed at night, this is usually what we find:


I'm thinking he'll be a scholar!!!

The next picture is just for fun. Matthew loves the camera and decided to photograph himself the other day. This is the result. You'll probably never get another close up of a 2 year-old's armpit. You're welcome.

No comments: